Engine is an important part of a car and its performance needs to be top most for the smooth working of the car. The engine is something that cannot be ignored or mishandled, so it is quite essential to keep the engine away from dirt and dust. Having a clean engine is important, and when there is dirt or a petroleum product on the surface then using a strong degreaser is the right thing to do. Using an engine degreaser helps in keeping the engine free from dirt, and it can also be used to clean the car from outside.
With the right degreaser you would be able to clear the dirt from outside and as well as remove the grease that has been stuck over the time. Engine degreasers should always be there in the tool box, so that they can be used whenever necessary, also using a degreaser is a cost effective way of cleaning the engine. There are quite a lot of degreasers in the market differing in their level of intensity; https://scanneranswers.com/diy-engine-detailing-best-engine-degreaser/ is one place where you can get quite a lot of information on degreasers. In case you have any doubt or confusion then we also have an especially curated list of degreasers, but first one should know about the importance of having a clean car engine.
Importance of a clean engine
Well a clean engine is quite important for the car as well as for the value of the car; moreover it gives the car a longer life. Here are a few points to prove the importance of a clean engine.
- The resale value is increased: Engine cleaning not only is good for practical reasons but there are quite a lot of aesthetic reasons too. A cleaned engine would increase the aesthetic appearance of a car, which can prove to be quite helpful in the future if in case you plan to sell the car. Having a cleaned engine is important if you want a good resale value for the car.
- The working life: Dirt free and clean engine has a longer life. The residue that is built up on the engine can make it difficult for the engine to work properly and it can cause the wearing out of the engine. There can be some hidden problems also and can be found out about during the time of engine cleaning.
- Safety of the vehicle: This is one of the most important factors to consider and it is something that all the consumers consider while buying the vehicle. The stains of the fluid or the residue on the engine can lead to fire which can be quiet harmful. So engine cleaning is a must for one’s own safety.
The best engine degreasers to use
Here are a few degreasers that you can make use of and you can also consider some options from online websites, all these degreasers are tested and are known for giving assured results.
- The purple power industrial strength cleaner: One of the cheapest degreasers in the market, it is not designed for cleaning engines but it can be used as one. This degreaser is used for automobiles, for industrial purposes, marine purpose and for home use. This is definitely the value for money and it is perfect for removing grease, oil and dirt. It is non flammable and non abrasive but one should make sure that this product is not exposed to paint as it can then cause a lot of damage. One drop of this degreaser with water is more than enough to do the job.
- Krud kutter KK32: If you want to keep your car’s engine in the best shape then this is one degreaser that should be used. It can get rid of dust at once and is also perfect for commercial purposes. In case you haven’t cleaned the engine in a long time then this is perfect. Just mix one and half cups of degrease with water and then use it for cleaning.
- Chemical guy signature orange: You can find this degreaser recommendation on a number of sites. This degreaser mainly made to remove dirt, grease from car engines as well as from tools and industrial machinery. It is a citrus based formula that can easily remove the grease and oil which can then be easily rinsed. This is a super concentrated product and should be diluted well before using.
- Oil eater cleaner and degreaser: Well it is one expensive degreaser to use but then it is non hazardous and non corrosive, moreover it us USDA approved. This degreaser can not only be used to clean engine but it is also good for cleaning floors, carpets and the heavy machinery. One just needs to dilute a small amount of this degrease in water and then spray it over the engine. If you are looking for a non-toxic degreaser then this is perfect.
- Gunk foam engine degreaser: Last but the least this degreaser is everybody’s favourite, it is not cheap but is affordable and easy to use. One just needs to spray this over the engine and then do some scrubbing and then rinse it off. It is great for cleaning the engine dust and doesn’t even leave a trace of it. This degreaser is safe to use, the formula that is made of is great for dissolving the dirt, grime and grease.
These are some of the best engine degreasers that can be used for removing the dirt and the stains from the engine, if you want some more help with choosing the right degreaser then you can visit https://scanneranswers.com/diy-engine-detailing-best-engine-degreaser/ for some more information. You should also check online for some DIY engine cleaning tips to help you in following the right procedure, otherwise getting the car engine by a professional is the best thing to do.
Before finalising a degreaser make sure you check all the pros and cons and go through the reviews regarding all the products and then make the right decision.